The standard trapezoidal tooth timing belt design performs poorly in high-torque/high-power drives at lower speeds. To overcome this disadvantage, the High-Torque Belt (HTB®) was developed using a more efficient tooth profile. HTB is compatible with all HTD® systems.
3M – 3mm Pitch HTB® Synchronous Belts Many lengths are in stock with additional 3mm pitch sizes available on a made-to-order basis. Contact Megadyne for availability.
HTB® Synchronous Belts are specified by pitch length, tooth pitch and belt width in millimeters. Example: 720-8M-30
Features & Benefits
- Fiberglass Tensile Cord – High dimensional stability and maximum flexibility
- Chloroprene Belt Body – Heat and ozone resistant; high tooth shear resistance
- Nylon Tooth Cover – Durability and wear resistance, increased power capacity
- Compound – Chloroprene
- Cord – Fiberglass
- Tooth Cover – Nylon
- Tooth Profile – HTB Curvilinear (compatible with HTD®)
- Applications – Drives requiring premium efficiency or synchronous operation and higher power capacity than trapezoidal timing belts. Used on conveyors, industrial equipment, machine tools, hand power tools and agricultural equipment where high power density is needed.
- Engineering Standards – Conforms to ARPM standard IP-27
- Recommended Pulleys – Use pulleys made to ARPM standards
- 3M Pitch – Contact Megadyne – Many lengths in stock and others available made to order.
- Non-Standard Lengths – Sizes not listed may be available – Contact Megadyne
- Special Widths – Can be supplied in any width – available upon request