RPP® Dual Sided High Torque belts are a high power and high precision class of belt. Compared to Imperial trapezoidal tooth belts they transmit more power in the same width or allow a reduction of width to transmit the same power. The parabolic profile transmits more power and reduces tooth jump and noise and is designed to be interchangeable with existing deep groove belt and pulley profiles. Molded teeth (not ground) on both sides of the belt allow 100% full power capability on either side of the belt.
Features & Benefits
- Fiberglass Tensile Cord – High dimensional stability and maximum flexibility
- Chloroprene Belt Body – Oil, heat and ozone resistance; high tooth shear resistance
- Nylon Tooth Cover – Durability and wear resistance, increased power capacity
- RPP Tooth Profile – Low noise profile, recognized as quietest on the market
- Dual Sided Belt Teeth – For serpentine drives, reverse rotation of driven shafts
- Compound – Chloroprene
- Cord – Fiberglass
- Tooth Cover – Nylon cover on molded teeth for full 100% power capability – both sides
- Tooth Profile – RPP (reinforced parabolic profile) – interchangeable with any RPP or HTD pulley
- Applications – Drives requiring reverse rotation of driven shafts, serpentine layout. Used on conveyors, industrial equipment, machine tools, hand power tools and agricultural equipment where high power density is needed.
- Engineering Standards – Conforms to ARPM IP-27 and ISO 13050 standards
- Recommended Pulleys – Use pulleys made to ARPM/ISO standards
- Non-Standard Lengths – Sizes not listed may be available – Contact Megadyne
- Special Widths – Can be supplied in any width – available upon request